Tryout Procedures for a U18 Tier 1(AA), U15 Tier 1 (AA), U13 Tier 1 (A), U15 Female A & U18 Female A teams.
PROCEDURES FOR “TRYOUTS”
OMAHA U15 TIER 1 (AA), U18 TIER 1 (AA), U13 TIER 1 (A) Regional Concept Teams, U15 FEMALE A & U18 FEMALE A TEAMS
U15 Tier 1 (AA) & U18 Tier 1 (AA)
1. Players must complete and forward to OMAHA Central Office a Permission to Tryout form.
2. Players who did not play within OMAHA last season, must have their former OMAHA Association complete the “Permission to Tryout” form.
3. If players are from another District or Province, a transfer to their new Residential Home Association within OMAHA must be initiated and approved prior to any participation.
U13 Tier 1 (A) Regional Concept Teams, U15 Female A & U18 Female A
1. If a player is a member of the Host Association, they must be registered prior to any tryouts.
2. If a player is a member of an Association within the Host Association draw area, they must complete the Permission to Tryout form and forward to the Host Association accompanied with tryout fees.
3. If a player was a member of a Non-Sanctioned team or was not registered with a Hockey Canada team last season, they must register with their OMAHA Residential Association and then complete the Permission to Tryout Form.
4. Players who participated with an Association in another District or Province, a transfer to their new Residential Home Association within OMAHA must be initiated and approved prior to any participation.
5. FOR U13 TIER 1 (A) ONLY: Permission has been given to use the “transfer reason” of Share for the Year – Specialty Program.
6. FOR U15 FEMALE” A & U18 FEMALE A – The "transfer reason” will be Residential Waiver with a note indicating it is for Female A.
7. In both cases (#5 & #6), the Permission to Tryout form is to be uploaded to the transfer request.
In all of the above cases, should a player NOT be selected for any of the above teams, they MUST return to their residential Home Association. Should their Residential Home Association NOT HAVE Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 or Female Recreational team, they may make application to transfer to an adjacent Association. (Refer to BC Hockey Policy 9.06 for adjacent Associations
All forms can be found under the documents tab at www.omahahockey.ca . You will need to scroll down through quite a few forms to get there.